There are three levels within the race team; The Junior Varsity/Basic Level, The Varsity Level, and The Junior National Level. All include fall training along with wax support at races. The Junior Varsity group would have two days of fall training and have wax support at the high school meet in February. The Varsity group would have three days of fall training with wax support. The Junior National team would have goals of competing at the state and national level and this group would have three days of fall training and full wax support with goals at competing at the Junior Olympics in March.
Head Coach: Joey Graci
Asst. Coach: Dan Wiitala
Ages: 13â€”18 (J3â€”OJ USSA Levels)
When: November 1 â€“ February 20th (Varsity & JV High School teams) Through mid-March (Junior National Team).
Where: Multiple trail venues
Price: Junior Varsity Level: $150.00; Varsity Level: $225.00; Junior National Level: $300.00.
Club Nights: Downwind Club Night October 23 at 6-9:00pm and Sports Rack Club night November 13 from 4-8:00pm
Rental Equipment is available on a first come first serve basis.
- There is a $75.00 fee for the use of each complete set of equipment (classic and freestyle) for
- For both classic and skate gear the cost is $150.00
Click Here for the Youth Registration Brochure
Click here to download a Youth Program Liability Waiver
MSHS SSC Nordic Information
Michiganâ€™s High School X-C Ski Championships Ishpeming/Marquette Michigan – February 15-16, 2013 Entry Form
Race Team Events
November 28th – Mandatory Team/Parent Meeting MSHS from 7:00-8:00pm
- *8th & 9th – USSA Season Opener, Ironwood Michigan
- 15th & 16th- MTU Season Opener, Houghton Michigan
- 27th – 29th – SSC holiday Ski Camp, Marquette (NTN Trailhead) Please contact Joey Graci with questions at 235-0294.
- 12th – Giants Ridge Invite, Biwabik Minnesota
- *25th & 26th – Central SuperTour, St.Paul Minnesota
- 25th – Junior Noquemenon , Marquette Michigan
- 26th – Noquemanon Ski Marathon Marquette, Michigan
- 15th & 16th – Michigan State High School Championships 2013, Ishpeming/Marquette, MI RESULTS
- 22th & 23th – Junior Birkie , Cable/Hayward Wisconsin (unofficial, not support by coach)
- 8th – Great Bear Chase Calumet, Michigan (unofficial, not supported by coach)
- 11th – 16th – U.S. Junior Nationals Fairbanks, AK
*Junior Olympics Qualifier
Bike Swap: April 27th, Marquette Armory
20th Year Anniversary Banquet: Tuesday, May 14th 2013 5:30-8:30pm at the family friendly community room (upstairs) at the Ore Dock.
View our Calendar
to see more upcoming events.
Stay In Touch